Skip to main content

Lake Louise - a Canadian Adventure!

 Every year to every other year I will make the trek up to Canada to visit my amazing friend Cori who lives in Edmonton with her equally amazing husband Boyd. Cori and I met in college and she was with me for European adventure part 2 as chronicled in this blog. 

Every time I visit I beg Cori to take me to do a few things - see the Northern Lights (apparently this is harder than you think it is), go to the hot springs, and visit the crystal clear turquoise waters of Lake Louise. 

While the Northern Lights and Hot Springs experience are still on the bucket list, this time she and Boyd decided to make my Lake Louise dreams come true with a trip to Banff. 

The drive from Edmonton was a few hours, not bad and Cori and Boyd's little one Camden was an angel the entire ride. We got to Lake Louise and unlike my disappointing experience with Lake Bled a few years back, Lake Louise is just every bit as beautiful as the photos online. 

Unfiltered photo of Lake Louise 


Another photo to show how beautiful this place is 

We opted to take a walk around the lake which proved leisurely and grabbed some beverages at the Fairmont Château which overlooks the lake (that place is pure luxury!). I realized that my dreams of swimming in Lake Louise weren't going to happen (the reason is it so blue is because the waters comes from the glaciers and it's always freezing, no matter what type of year). While we didn't opt to rent a canoe, we saw quite a few folks doing that and if we had been spending the night, it definitely would've been worth the splurge. 

 
Me waltzing around Lake Louise and feeling very blessed 

Taking a little rest on the other side of the lake 

Super mom Cori carrying angel baby Camden around like a baby kangaroo

Lake Louise is one of those places that is so beautiful that everyone should probably visit it at least once in their life just to see it and bask in it. It was definitely worth it and I'm appreciative of my Canadian friends for helping make it possible. Even if they did take the photo of me below as I crashed out with Camden on the ride home. 


Thanks Cori 


Comments